Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time Butts

BoogieBoogie Posts: 137
edited 3:52PM in EggHead Forum
Here they are. They've been on now for about 2 hours. holding strong at 250. Long night ahead of me.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hang in there bro, you didn't need any sleep anyway. -RP
  • KeithwwKeithww Posts: 62
    If temp is steady go to bed.
  • skipperskipper Posts: 3
    I agree with Keithww. If your temp is steady, go to bed. I remember my first butt, I stayed up all night watching the temp gague. I was so excited. Now after many butts, I stabilize the temp and go to sleep. Enjoy your pulled pork. I'm sure it will be delicious.

• run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    I agree, too. If you really want some major piece of mind, get a DigiQ II. Although I believe the Egg will hold the temp without it, the DigiQ let's you "set it and forget it."

I build a fire, set the DQ for 225, close the lid and go away. Hasn't failed me yet.
  • BoogieBoogie Posts: 137
    You all are right. Its 4 in the morning, just woke up to my second alarm and got this reading. It is a little hard to see, but its 250.

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    How's your temp this morning? Hope you got some decent sleep.

eenie meenie
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    You are gonna have some Rockin Good Que today.
    Ready to come off. Not a very good looking bark, but they are done.

eenie meenie wrote:
    How's your temp this morning? Hope you got some decent sleep.

eenie meenie

Right about 260.
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    Bark looks pretty darn good to me! Enjoy that Q - it's gonna be amazing. After your belly is full, take a nap!