Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time Butts

BoogieBoogie Posts: 137
edited 11:01AM in EggHead Forum
Here they are. They've been on now for about 2 hours. holding strong at 250. Long night ahead of me.

IMG_1401-1.jpg
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hang in there bro, you didn't need any sleep anyway. -RP
    ·
  • KeithwwKeithww Posts: 62
    If temp is steady go to bed.
    ·
  • skipperskipper Posts: 3
    Boogie,
    I agree with Keithww. If your temp is steady, go to bed. I remember my first butt, I stayed up all night watching the temp gague. I was so excited. Now after many butts, I stabilize the temp and go to sleep. Enjoy your pulled pork. I'm sure it will be delicious.

Skipper
    ·
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    I agree, too. If you really want some major piece of mind, get a DigiQ II. Although I believe the Egg will hold the temp without it, the DigiQ let's you "set it and forget it."

I build a fire, set the DQ for 225, close the lid and go away. Hasn't failed me yet.
    ·
  • BoogieBoogie Posts: 137
    You all are right. Its 4 in the morning, just woke up to my second alarm and got this reading. It is a little hard to see, but its 250.

IMG_1404.jpg
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Boogie,
    How's your temp this morning? Hope you got some decent sleep.

eenie meenie
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    You are gonna have some Rockin Good Que today.
    ·
    Ready to come off. Not a very good looking bark, but they are done.

IMG_1406.jpg
    ·
    eenie meenie wrote:
    Boogie,
    How's your temp this morning? Hope you got some decent sleep.

eenie meenie

Right about 260.
    ·
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    Bark looks pretty darn good to me! Enjoy that Q - it's gonna be amazing. After your belly is full, take a nap!
    ·