Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Great Price for a Mini

Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
edited 10:47AM in EggHead Forum
Stopped in Grate Grills & More in Gulfport this morning and what do my wondering eyes behold but Mini's on sale for $169! I'm now the proud owner of a large, a small AND a mini. :)

IMG01067.jpg

Comments

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    The price for the Egg is great, but I ain't so sure about $50 for the stand. For that, I'd get a paving stone and a set of feet.
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Wow, that's a great price...good for you B)
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    Grillin Guy wrote:
    Stopped in Grate Grills & More in Gulfport this morning and what do my wondering eyes behold but Mini's on sale for $169! I'm now the proud owner of a large, a small AND a mini. :)

IMG01067.jpg

thanks. i think you just cost me a couple hundred bucks!

;o)
  • Go for it Jason. Life's too short to count the change.
  • egretegret Posts: 4,036
    That's a very good price! Just a skosh over the wholesale price. The stand is a little high, however, but not too much......
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    good eyes, i missed it. You are right, $50.00 can but a lot of pavers. :)
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • JimBeamJimBeam Posts: 22
    deepsouth wrote:
    Grillin Guy wrote:

IMG01067.jpg

thanks. i think you just cost me a couple hundred bucks!

;o)

You and me both. I got one too!

I have no self control.
    Grillin Guy wrote:
    Go for it Jason. Life's too short to count the change.

for sure! i was wanting a small next, but this is too good to pass up.

how many hamburgers do you think will fit on there terry?

thanks for posting!
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Congratulations Terry. Now where are those table plans?
  • EggMEEggME Posts: 115
    If I saw that deal around here I would certainly buy one too! Some day.....
  • Shhhhhhhhh......not too loud Bob. Angel's still looking at me like I've lost my mind with this Mini.
    terry, how many average size hamburgers do you think will fit on that mini?
  • Looks like it'll handle four normal size burgers.
    Grillin Guy wrote:
    Looks like it'll handle four normal size burgers.

that's fantastic! looks like i'll be headed over there after work or first thing in the morning!

prost
  • He had 18 to start with. I think he's got 9 left. Don't wait too long cause they'll soon be gone.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    The mini won't replace what the small will do.

It depends on how big you make the burgers. We do 4 maybe 5.

10 dogs, 8 good size sausage, 4 chicken quarters. 4-6 brests. 6 good size pieces of corn, silk was coming up the upper vent, really too much for the mini.

The mini is a killer steak searing machine.

You are pushing the envelope doing low and slow.

I do love my mini for the wife and I and a couple or 3 of the grandkids.

My 4yr old grandson think its his and the large is grandpas. He wants to make some banana hot dogs. HD Bun, banana buterflied, peanut butter & jam.

Grandpa said not on the egg...

GG
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I would pick up 6. One for me and one for xmas for each of the kids & wifes.

Paid right at $300 for the mini & stand and that was discounted.

GG
    Grillin Guy wrote:
    He had 18 to start with. I think he's got 9 left. Don't wait too long cause they'll soon be gone.

i just talked to george and he is going to pull me one aside to pick up tomorrow so i don't miss out.

again, thanks for the heads up.
  • Got one!Yes!!

Thanks for the link!
  • I just wanna be related to you.