Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg mates for the small

MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I actually searched. I found no information. But someone did refference. Do they really make egg mates for the small?

Comments

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    OK I have not got a response becuse there it none. BGE does not MAKE Wings for the small. Now come on now, it has been 15 yers. There are baby boomers that only cook on the small most of the time. And you would think after 15 years that BGE would come up with some table. I called. They said " I have no idea. We don't know."

Flame me if you wish, but this is just lack of Product Development or they just don't CARE. I believe they think they can sell larges and make a profit and that is good. I would not run a company like that. We will not EVEN get into the gasket issue. Some people have been threatened with law suits for suggesting using other types of materaial. I own three but I am done.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Glen,
    last weekend I posted info about the new BGE petal design wings vs the tiny wooden wings that I read from the mothership quarterly publication to their dealer network. It specifically said they have them for all sizes except the Mini. Have you asked your dealer to intervene or just called Hotlanta and asked point blank?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I could be wrong, but I believe the new plastic corian looking mates are available for the small. They are still being shipped to distributors and dealers for the first time. I am to receive a set for each of my larges next week from Fred's. Will someone else please verify for me to lend some credibility? Thanks, Mark
  • No, they do not make wings for the small. The company sells less smalls than any other egg, including the mini.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I am curious about the new mates for the small as well. But its not that big a deal really. Like any other product in the world, if you dont like, get something else.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    No credibility here...

I heard somewhere mates for the small were or are available. I think it was from the dealer.

My small is in a nest and I remember thinking it would be nice to... yes, it was the dealer, I remember asking if I would have to drill holes in the bands.

So no a little credibility has surfaced there are mates for the small.

Now keep in mind my dealer told me the gasket set for the large is the same width as the medium. I picked it up but the large seems to be about a little bit bigger than 1/8".

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Just called the dealer.

Their 'book' shows them, but not available as of yet. No price availalbe.

GG
  • Product Code: BGEESS, Retail $108.95 for a set of two. The price is the same for the XL, Large, Med and Small. They are not available for the mini.

Called Fred. Not in stock yet, but they are for real. Just be patient for a little while longer MAC. Keep nagging your dealer. Mark
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Wonder how they(small mates) mount without pre existing mounting holes in lower band.............
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    I would think that the table that Whiz has on his site would be much more practical and cheaper. By the time you buy a nest and the wings....holy moly....

Rick
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    MAC,

I posted this the other day:

IMG_1653.jpg

They make these for the SBGE now. The ones in the picture are for the LBGE, and they're a Corian-like material with different looking mounting brackets than the ones I've seen for the Egg Mates. These are called Egg Shelves.