Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a stuffed shrimp recipe

Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all. A while back, someone posted a recipe that was shrimp stuffed with a sliver of jalapeno, cheese and wrapped in bacon. Does anyone have this recipe to send to me? Thanks a bunch fellow eggers.[p]P

Comments

• Peggy,
    Are you talking about Atomic Buffalo turds? They are a Jalepeno (sp?) pepper split in 1/2 filled with cream cheese, then a meat of choice is added, IE Pulled pork, beef, shrimp etc, then a slice of bacon wrapped around it.
    Sound farmiliar?
    -Joel

• Peggy, I copied and pasted this from the archives. It was posted some time ago by WudEyeDoo, and I have used basically the same method with very good results. What I have done differently is to use larger shrimp (which he recommends), and I've used Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin to season the shrimp. I didn't use the fish grid, but I did skewer the shrimp together to make them easier to turn. I like to dip them in clarified butter with a little fresh lime juice at the end. Good luck--here goes:[p]"I offered to bring the appetizer to my neighbors Super Bowl party and decided to try shrimp brochette. I borrowed heavily from previous posts found in the archives on shrimp.[p]The shrimp was to be stuffed with a small slice of Jalapeno and pepper jack cheese and then wrapped in bacon for grilling.[p]I used one pound of shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on. It was about 30 count. I would recommend larger shrimp for this next time but it worked out ok. For the marinade, I used J. Appledog's Barking Shrimp recipe (thanks Julie). Marinade about an hour.[p]I cut fresh jalapeno into thin, long slices (no seeds) and did the same with pepper jack cheese. Then I pre-cooked the bacon about 2/3 done. To stuff the shrimp, I made a cut all along the back of each shrimp. I put one slice each of the jalapeno and cheese in the cut and used a half slice of bacon to wrap the shrimp. Hold it together with a toothpick. Now it's ready for the BGE.[p]Got temp to 400 degrees, maybe even higher. I used the "fish grid". Cooked about 2 minutes each side. Next time, might try it at 375 temp instead because it cooked almost faster than I could get them all turned. Anyway, they turned out great. The bacon was crisp and the shrimp was bursting with flavor.[p]Like I said, this cook was the result of several previous posts by others: Thanks! Since the people who ate it kept asking for my "recipe", I thought I would share the results with you."[p][p]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    BarbieQ,[p]You mentioned J Appledog's Barking Shrimp recipe for the marinade....do you have that recipe? The stuffed shrimp sound great and I'd like to try them. My dad gets his hands on very large fresh shrimp sometimes (10-15/lb) and this one sounds perfect for these monsters...![p]
  • QBabe,
    The bigger the shrimp, the better. You are going to love this dish!

[ul][li]J Appledog's Barking Shrimp Marinade[/ul]
  • Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    BarbieQ,
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so very much. We should post this recipe in the recipe section on the forum. I'm going to make these real soon. Peggy