Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt and Egg temp. monitoring

Trailblazer1229
Trailblazer1229 Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is a theoretical question. I made a phenomal butt about a month ago, and quite frankly, it is time for another. Last one was almos 9# and took about 17hrs at 240-250. I started it at 10pm and was consantly running outside to check the temp of the egg to make sure there was not any wild temp. fluctuations. I lost a bit of sleep. I have since procured a wireless thermometer, which is great for steaks, chicken, etc. But seeing as how I am not going to be worried about taking the temp of the butt for 17 or so hours, i feel I am more worried initially about the dome temp. So I was going to gator clip the probe of the wireless termo to the egg thermo and use another wire thermo probe for the pork temp. This way, while I am in bet at 1am a quick check of the wireless thermo will give me the dome temp.
Question is??? AM I overthinking this, or is this a reasonable solution?

Comments