Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ in Nashville?

dls2122dls2122 Posts: 66
edited 12:46PM in EggHead Forum
I'm going to be in Nashville next week. Any suggestions for a good BBQ eatery?

Thanks,
Don
·

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Try Jacks. They have 2 locations. The downtown one is better then the other one. Good luck, Tom
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Try Martin's, a little out of Nashville proper but worth the short trip.
    I also like Judge Bean's (Texas style) inside Greer Stadium (seperate restaurant)

Enjoy,
    Walt
    ·
  • opodopod Posts: 41
    interesting replies to your question. i live in clarksville tn, about 1 hr from nashville and have eaten bbq at several nashville establishments. I ate a Judge Bean's 2 days ago. Air conditioner is out and they don't plan to fix it--ever--as they are moving out of that location. So it's quite HOT in there, being on the 4th floor. Fun to eat and watch a game though. Very unique mix of great bbq and mexican food though--one of my favorite spots.
    My personal FAVORITE has been Jacks. I've eaten at both locations several times and have not noticed a difference between the two. downtown location has the problem with parking and hours are not as good. Also it's busier sometimes with a long line. location on Trinity Lane is bigger, has carryout/drive-though, food is just as good and parking is NOT an issue. Both locations are buffet-style which is kid-friendly.
    klk
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Jacks is okay, probably the best in Nash Vegas IMHO. My advice, take a 3 hour run down the highway to Memphis and hit the BBQ Shoppe and Germantown Commissary. ;)
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    Or go an hour and a half south and hit Gibson's in Decatur.
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Love it!

Walt
    ·