Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When did Consume Reports become experts?

Options
Fireball II
Fireball II Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When did Consume Reports editors become experts on cooking?? I read that Rosemary ground up and applied to meat neutralize HCAs the stuff that cause cancer? There are several other spices that do the same. See link below from ABC news.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=9033170&ch=4226723&src=news

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Great, I finally got my rosemary growing now...

GG
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    I've read that about rosemary elsewhere as well, so there's probably some truth to it. Consumer Reports, OTOH, I've never trusted them. Some of their recommendations are dead on, and some are so far off they're just goofy.

This will date me, but back when Chinon still made cameras, CR gave glowing reviews to a particular Chinon model that not only was a notorious p.o.s., but had been discontinued almost 9 months previously. Go figure.

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Fireball II
    Options
    Dave your peaches pic and recipe sure do look good.
  • Fireball II
    Options
    WTH I think I will TRex a steak tonight. JD
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    Thanks. Man, they were good! Very ripe and ever so tasty. Next time I'm going to top them with a little cinnamon and serve them with some ice cream.

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • tomo
    tomo Posts: 78
    Options
    I think consumer reports is an excellent service, but you have to look at your own needs and use them for guidance. My favorite story is that years ago CU did a test of automatic rice cookers and decided they were worthless. When they found out that all the orientals on their staff had one, they decided to revise the study.....tom