Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Ove Glove

HungryNephew
HungryNephew Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After using one at the recent NGE meeting, I decided that I wanted one. I found a guy selling them on ebay for a great price so I thought I'd pass it along.

They are normally $15 - $20 online or in stores. I got mine for $10 each.

Use the "make an offer" feature and offer $10 (or less if you want to try it).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370072235375&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=370072235375&category0=&fvi=1

Comments

• emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Carefull washing it my wife washed the ov out of it and I ended up throwing it away.
    Don't remeber if there was directions or not.
    E
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    I have used one for about two years (the old style with out the blue rubber/grippy stuff). I think for $10, it's a good deal! The silicon ones are great also (Orca or others)!

Smokey
  • I got mine from Amazon several months ago for $22/pr. I've washed them 2 or 3 times,by hand drip dry and they are fine.Don't use them wet as they seem to really conduct heat wet,even a small wet spot like a splash from a liquid filled drip pan will get you.I really like them for handling plate setter etc.
    Jim
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    for Christmas and I love them. I too use them to remove the placesetter and picking up hot stuff like dutch ovens and such. Mine are getting a little dirty so if someone knows how to wash them without ruining them please post.
  • emilluca
    I think it was fabric softener that got mine.
  • emilluca
    From the Ove Glove site
    Directions

Machine wash in cold water, using mild laundry detergent. Do not use bleach or solvents. Air dry do not machine dry.

I think my wife put in dryer with other whites with fabric softener and that did it in. I remember using it after cleaning and got scorched.
    E
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    If you spill hot liquid on it, it goes right to your skin and BURNS. No thanks, I'll stick with my Orca's. They go right in the dishwasher when they get dirty too.
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    I have ocra's too. I liked using these to remove a hot plate setter and when I was flipping a bunch of shrimp. It allowed me to get them all w/o my hand getting hot. Try flipping shrimp with an ocra!

Thanks for the heads up on liquids, you probably saved me a burn!
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I agree with HungyNephew.The orkas are great,but kind of bulky for the finer work ;) BTW,here's a pic of you in action :woohoo:

013.jpg