Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Egg for Sale

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a failure...I am selling my Large BGE and all my gear. I used it almost daily a few years a ago, but now have 2 kids that require all of my time. I have switched to the gas Weber for all of my grilling needs. I am sorry to have let you down.
I have the large plate setter, the large pizza stone, the side stands, the nest, mapp torch lighter, new seal (not installed) grate grip, BBQ guru (needs new temp probe, but still works awesome), raised grid...and maybe some more stuff...I am going from memory. I will let it go the person with the highest offer by 7/31 at 9:00PM. I am in zip code 43054....wade43054@live.com.

Comments

• Smokey Chuck
    Options
    :ohmy: Booooo!!!
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    Poor guy doomed to a life of weberification ,all we can do is hope the egg gets a good home ,But then too this guy could be pulling our chain
  • KaiserJorge
    Options
    I understand how it is to have little kids. i only have one myself, and she's a complete vortex of everything...time, money, you name it, but of course she's all worth it.

as to the BGE, though, i still find plenty of time to cook with it, notwithstanding the fact that this little girl is literally glued to my arm from the second i get home. the grill is honestly no less cumbersome or difficult to use than a gasser. i just fill it with some lump (every 3rd or 4th cook, dependin on what i'm making), hit it with the MAPP handheld canister, and in about 15 minutes, i'm good to grill. about the same amount of time as it takes for a gasser to preheat.

but, to each his own. i'm just saying that if you're already grilling with a gasser for the sake of convenience, you can do the same with the BGE, despite the fact that it's a charcoal grill.

you know the benefits; the great food, the ease of use, the versatility, the ability to use in rain or snow, etc. don't let all that go for the perceived sake of convenience, especially when you have the same level of convenience with a BGE as you do a gasser.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    heck... one of the things we are teaching our kids is to slow down and not only enjoy food, but to enjoy PREPARING food.

we all sit down for dinner, help out setting and clearing the table, and instead of it all being something that's a pain and in the way, it's actually quality time.

but to each his own. a pep talk from us won't likely bring him back to the fold. though it seems he knows what he's missing.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Hi Wade,
    I have two children under the age of three and another one on the way. I don't see why you don't pre-load lump in the egg. When I get home from work I light the egg go inside and prep the food go back outside and the egg is at temp. and have dinner served in relatively a short amount of time. May gas weber got sold because of its lack of use.... I wouldn't sell the egg. HOw old are the kids maybe you can teach them to use the egg? I went all of last week without using my egg and it drove me crazy :whistle: I had to work the 3rd shift at work. Anyway, cook on the egg a few more times and you might change your mind. Just a thought.
    ~Pharmeggist
    P.S. I was wondering if you would consider selling the guru seperately and if so at what price.
  • VerticleSmoke
    Options
    I also have 2 children 3 and under and one coming in October. Tough it out man. Just giving you a hard time good luck.
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    i'll start the bidding at $200 without the guru
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Since travel would be high, I'll go $200.01 :ohmy:
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Rick, Bubba, it is paid for, it won't rust, the technology won't get out dated. chill mix a drink and put it somewhere safe. I had mine since 96. please!
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    sorry Rick, this was for the hamster...hammbone33 that is :)
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • jonboy
    jonboy Posts: 163
    Options
    how old is the egg?
    any pictures?
    ok...205.00
    jonboy
  • ewillie
    ewillie Posts: 155
    Options
    Wow, I just bought my Large Egg before 4th of July, and this one is only a couple exits away from my house at 43035. Don't know that I need a second so soon, the concrete pad I poured wore me out.
  • Longknocker
    Options
    I'll take it all! $210.89. :P
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I would urge you to hang on to it…It’s a great cooker and REALLY isn’t any more difficult than a gasser to use! Not to mention the versatility and the great slow cooked / smoked “stuff” you can get out of one of these…..And I’m a newbie to boot!!
    I like the comment about slowing things down a bit and teaching your kids the value of cooking and enjoying foods…..
    But also, to each his own! And so….I’ll go $250. OTOH, I have NO IDEA where 43054 is, so getting to you from 55744 may be quite an adventure!!
    Again, I have to say “think hard on this one, before pulling the plug”. The Egg is the greatest cooker I have ever used!
    I need to build a kitchen for it, so I can use it ALWAYS!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've seen all the post, but haven't read them. I can't face the shame. Thanks for all those who have emailed me, the Egg has found a home. Actually, she will be reunited with her child, my small egg that I sold earlier this year. The family is back together, albeit in a new home. I was an unfit, neglectful parent.
  • JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    You are no failure bro...you're just takin' care of your family...and that comes first! I use my Weber gasser all the time for quick meals...it's a great grill. The egg will be here when you have time for another one. Enjoy your kids while you can...they'll be gone before you know it! :)
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I again agree…
    You are not a failure! We just tried to keep you together with your Egg.
    If it truly is kids or the Egg…Go with the kids! They do grow up in a heart beat or two…And then they are gone and you wonder where the time really went so fast.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I agree 100%, Stike. We ate dinner at Qdoba tonight (no one felt like cooking) and I saw a promotional sign that bragged about them cooking their shredded pork for six whole hours and all I could think of was "slackers."

Cooking on the Egg has become a ritual at my house, and the boys are interested in how it's done. We're eating better, cheaper and enjoying the time together more than ever.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I would have guessed the ZIP was in Cleveland, but it's northeast of Columbus, OH.
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    All I can say is DON'T DO IT.