Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A sweet switch to wings

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Tuesday all![p]I meant to post this earlier but forgot. I did some wings 2 weeks ago and put a little twist in the marinade. After I cut the wings in half and cut off all excess skin I put them in a 1 gal Ziplock Bag to marinade for 2 days. I normally like my wings where I have to take deep breaths after about the second one. [p]I use a base of Valentino hot sauce. Along with that I add some Hunan sauce, Dijoun mustard, ginger, steak sauce and a splash of worchteshier (sp). Oh and of course a heaping table spoon of a combination of 5 mexican peppers I dried out of my garden last year.
Let em' soak for 2 days in the fridge or freeze them.[p]This time though I put about 2/3 cup of honey in as well.[p]The result was an a$$ kickin flapper along with a sweet aftertaste. Which was well received I might add.[p]I will do these again.[p]I cook my wings around the 225-250 range always closing the bottom vent when flipping to avoid that dreaded flare up that sometimes come with opening the lid for a minute or so.[p]Mick

Comments