Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your best meal ever cooked on a Big Green Egg?

Options
Buckiquer
Buckiquer Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently cooked a pork rib roast using the recipe in Cook's Illustrated. I added new potatoes and carots. Added white wine as a sauce to cook. If there is a better meal for $2.59 a pound I like to hear about it. Actually I would like to know your thoughts on your best cook.

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Buckiquer,[p]Quite often it is the most recent one. If I had to settle on one right now I would probably go with turkey breast.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Buckiquer,[p]
    I'll offer up a grilled Hebrew National hotdog on the mini.[p]Puj

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    What a hard question! I've had some really good pulled pork, and some fabulous Smashed Chicken, but I would have to say it was a brisket that I marinaded in Dizzy Pig's Brisket Brew. It was so tender, and had a great flavor. [p]~nikki

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Buckiquer,[p]Most of the turkeys I've done. Boston butt(s).
    Pork Chops 2" thick.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Buckiquer, To be honest, the meal I had last night was the best. You know what the best meal will probably be Wednesday when I cook again. The more I cook on the BGE the more I feel I get better. Ribs, steaks, or chicken, every time I get done I am so happy. To me that is best part of owning an EGG.[p]
    CWM

• BarbieQ
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    It's a toss-up between smoked salmon and pizza. And then there's the ribs-and the brisket-and the spatchcock chicken-and the world class burgers. Heck, it's hard to pin it down to one favorite. Guess I'd have to go with the salmon, since that's something money just can't buy around here.[p]Best Regards,
    Barb

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    Lo-n-slo lamb shoulder (meshoui) rubbed with Moroccan spices; followed by brined turkeys.

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    BTW, that kebob receipe was tasty! Whats the more advanced version?
    -Joel

• AZGator
    Options
    nikkig,[p]I haven't seen smashed chicken and dizzy's pig brisket brew. can you point me to the recipe's?[p]Paul
  • Gator1
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    Whole roasted chicken! We do at least one a week!
    Jim

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    AZGator,
    The recipe for smashed chicken is something I came up with after seeing a post on here that someone (I think MickeyT) was flattening their chicken and had excellent results. I don't remember what they did to it after that though. Smashed chicken is our favorite chicken now. You take boneless skinless chicken breast put them in a ziplock bag one at a time, and smash them really flat (good way to take out frustrations at the end of the day). Marinade overnight in Kraft Zesty Italian dressing with a good size hunk of fresh romano cheese grated into it. Cook direct at 600 for 3 minutes per side.[p]Dizzy Pig's Brisket Brew is made by Natureboy and BBQfan1. I would contact them to see about ordering it. We had gotten a sample from them, and having no instructions on the jar, I used it as a marinade. Afterwards I found out it was supposed to be a finishing or dipping sauce. It had a great flavor as a marinade though![p]~nikki

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    nikkig,[p]That Brisket Brew is da Bomb.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hi Nikki!
    As always, we appreciate the mention of our stuff...especially under the heading "best meal ever cooked"! Qfan has really outdone himself with the Brisket Brew. And you have given us an idea to create a similar brisket marinade![p]Unfortunately, we are not quite ready to sell the "wet stuff" we have been working on. Still trying to get everything ironed out on the business end, filling orders, website, legal issues, etc., before we move onward from the dry rubs. Hopefully it won't be too long!! It is a fun, but hilly/curvey road we are on.[p]Thanks again to you, and everyone that is giving us support!!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ