Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

1st disaster

dls2122dls2122 Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I blew it this weekend. I was making ribs. Everything was going well. I checked for doneness about 4 hours into it and saw they needed more time, but were getting close. Went away for half hour and came back to recheck. I had made a rookie mistake. I had always been so careful and I guess since things were going so well, I got careless. I didn't check the daisy wheel when I put the lid back down and it was open full. You can imagine the condition ribs (that were almost done anyway) were after receiving 600 degree temps for prob 15 mins. If anyone wants a recipe for CRUNCHY ribs - I've got one for you!

Don
·

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    ·
  • dls2122dls2122 Posts: 66
    This will make my ribs moist again?

Just kidding, thanks for the info!

Don
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Are you making your major temp changes with the DFMT.

With ribs my lower vent is about 1/8" open (on my large) and DFMT slider closed and pedals 1/3 open.

I haven't checked but I don't think with the DTMF completely off the egg would get to that high of temp.

GG
    ·
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    We've all done that -- Welcome to the Krunch-Klub

~ Broc

:) :laugh: :)
    ·