Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

1st disaster

dls2122dls2122 Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I blew it this weekend. I was making ribs. Everything was going well. I checked for doneness about 4 hours into it and saw they needed more time, but were getting close. Went away for half hour and came back to recheck. I had made a rookie mistake. I had always been so careful and I guess since things were going so well, I got careless. I didn't check the daisy wheel when I put the lid back down and it was open full. You can imagine the condition ribs (that were almost done anyway) were after receiving 600 degree temps for prob 15 mins. If anyone wants a recipe for CRUNCHY ribs - I've got one for you!

Don

Comments