Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Look\'s Like A Stroll In The Park

Midnight SmokeMidnight Smoke Posts: 76
edited 1:32PM in EggHead Forum
Its Monsoon Madness, First attempts to keep EGG dry. Have now adapted a rain cap, no pic's to post tonight, but will soon.

Picture111.jpg

Coffee can has a large cut-out on other side, it's turned away from the wind in this shot.

Picture132.jpg
·

Comments

• run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    Had to deal with that myself yesterday - tin foil everywhere! Does anyone cover their DigiQ or do we trust that it truly is waterproof?
    I like the coffee can with the cutout - I'm gonna do one of those!
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    They sell rain caps at Home Depot for roof-top pipes that fit perfectly atop the egg, sorry I don't have a picture
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    I had mine in a plastic bag yesterday but it got rained on before I thought about it. If it going to rain I put it and the fan in a bag.
    ·
    Another great idea......and what red blooded man doesn't love going shopping at Home Depot!! :laugh:
    ·
    I put an empty paint pail over the controller - the Egg Ceramic 'cap' over the AC adapter, and put tin foil over the fan. I like the idea of the plastic bag, though - I'd be able to see the readout - duh on my part.......
    With the low and slow cook I was alarmed at the amount of water than came out behind the fan when I removed it - condensation I guess from the humidity.
    ·
  • Rain??? What is this rain thing???

Sorry, I live in GA. :P
    ·
  • You will need a drill and a rivet gun for this one. ACE Hardware carried this type. Thanks Capt'n G

f0153fcf.jpg
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I saw your picture without looking at who posted it and thought man, that sure looks like an Arizona backyard. -RP
    ·