Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woof Woof,, Bark Bark

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started these 2 Butts (8# each) about 10:00 last night and running 250 dome for almost 17 hrs so far. Current is 170 internal but they hit the plateau at about 150 for 3 hrs (never had it that low before). Still some more bark to come on these dogs. Just had to peek as it's starting to rain. Just bumped the temp to 285. Will post final pics when they decide to finish.

101_2175.jpg

Comments

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Lookin good. Its raining here so no peaking at my picnic.
    I hope it looks as good. When to 4 stores couldn't find a butt.
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Options
    Nice looking Puppys...LOL

Rickyd
  • cooksome
    cooksome Posts: 88
    Options
    I thought 170 is what you wanted. I cooked two 7.5 butts @ 350 and they reached internal of 170 in only 8.5 hours I could'nt understand why so soon, they were very good anyway should I have cooded longer? at a lower temp from that point?
  • cooksome
    cooksome Posts: 88
    Options
    correction 250
    not 350
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Cooksome,

Yes if you want pulled pork you should cook it until the internal temp of the butt is 195-200 degrees. Then double wrap it in foil, wrap that in towels and put it in an empty cooler for at least 1 hour...this allows the juices to redistriute through the meat...

if you pulled it at 170 I am sure it was good but it had not gotten all the way through the plateau point which is around 180....try, try again until it is perfect... :whistle: