Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Pizza

Eggs Are UsEggs Are Us Posts: 18
edited 4:01PM in EggHead Forum
Pizza with friends. ( BGE Pizza and friends no place but Texas)
HPIM3365.jpg
HPIM3364.jpg
[/img]http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q478/bgexl/HPIM3363.jpg[img size=150][/img]http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q478/bgexl/HPIM3366.jpg[img size=150]
·

Comments

• MeatMeat Posts: 233
    Looks good. Did you use the Pillsbury brand dough? I ask cause it looks like the crust is square. I use it and have had pretty good luck. The first couple I tried, I attempted to make a round pie, but realized it's easier to leave square.FG
    ·
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Very nice looking pizza.

Congrats!!

Greg
    ·
  • Family guy you are right on the dough, it is easy and taste great. I like it square also.
    ·
  • Thanks for the advice on how to post a picture yesterday. :)
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Good looking Za. It appears there was so much flavor that it almost jumped off the stone without you! Nice!
    ·
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    No problem...

Glad to help.

Greg
    ·
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    That's a fine looking pie!
    ·
  • ewillieewillie Posts: 155
    I did my first last night as well. I did a plain cheese on a Mama Mary's crust for the kids, and a pepperoni/onion/olive one on the Pillsbury classic crust.

I was not crazy about the Mama Mary's crust, it didn't seem baked at all, sort of the same before and after cooking, although a nice, clean round look.

The Pillsbury was tasty, and had more of a baked and risen texture.

I need to experiment with my own crust, but these were good first outings.

Thanks for all the advice! Erik
    ·
  • ChefToneChefTone Posts: 42
    Pillsbury brand dough does look good. I am going to give that one a try.
    Cheers,Anthony
    ·