Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

1st Pizza

Eggs Are UsEggs Are Us Posts: 18
edited 7:11PM in EggHead Forum
Pizza with friends. ( BGE Pizza and friends no place but Texas)
[/img][img size=150][/img][img size=150]

• MeatMeat Posts: 233
    Looks good. Did you use the Pillsbury brand dough? I ask cause it looks like the crust is square. I use it and have had pretty good luck. The first couple I tried, I attempted to make a round pie, but realized it's easier to leave square.FG
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Very nice looking pizza.

• Family guy you are right on the dough, it is easy and taste great. I like it square also.
  • Thanks for the advice on how to post a picture yesterday. :)
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Good looking Za. It appears there was so much flavor that it almost jumped off the stone without you! Nice!
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    No problem...

Glad to help.

• ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    That's a fine looking pie!
  • ewillieewillie Posts: 155
    I did my first last night as well. I did a plain cheese on a Mama Mary's crust for the kids, and a pepperoni/onion/olive one on the Pillsbury classic crust.

I was not crazy about the Mama Mary's crust, it didn't seem baked at all, sort of the same before and after cooking, although a nice, clean round look.

The Pillsbury was tasty, and had more of a baked and risen texture.

I need to experiment with my own crust, but these were good first outings.

Thanks for all the advice! Erik
  • ChefToneChefTone Posts: 42
    Pillsbury brand dough does look good. I am going to give that one a try.