Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North Georgia Eggers

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a little gathering earlier today at EgginDawg's place. The weather was nice albeit a little on the hot side.

Picture456789102.jpg

Our set-up. Large egg courtesy of our gracious host. The Small is the doing of Doug123 whom with his jeep and small egg can make awesome ribs on the highest mountians and lowest valley's
Picture456789092.jpg

Smokey...wonder how he got his nickname?
Picture456789091.jpg

Rasberyy Chipolte spread with cream cheese. A treat from Big-Un.
Picture456789087.jpg

EgginDawg & Barrett2 workin some Fattie's & ABT's
Picture456789095.jpg

Treadwellz doin some prep.
Picture456789098.jpg

Sausage & Peppers by Smokey.......
Picture456789099.jpg

Tomato-Basil-Parmesean Tart(?) by Firestarter21.
Picture456789103.jpg

There were many more excellent items prepared and consumed including cobbler, beans, shrimp, trout, and more. Everything was delicious.
A speacial thanks to EgginDawg for hosting this event. He did a hell of a job. Thanks to Doug123 for contribuiting the extra egg. There were a few missing faces from our group today due to travel and other committments, they were missed. It was a great day of egging and thanks to everyone for making it that way.

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    What a motley crew.

Did Andy take the day off to come and harrass you guys?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I am so sorry I missed it guys! Looks like it was a great time.

And here I am with no eggs and no egged food for a week.

At least I am still getting decent BBQ...
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    yee haw!
    Nice linking faces to names! Thanks again to Ted for hosting. Good food good time!

ctredwell
    go dawgs
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    Not hardly Bobby... :laugh:
    I came by for the free food.Great group of guys.They all got BGE bumper stickers from the mothership north(Blue Mountain Shoes)> Like somebody there said "cause Tucker just too far to go" ;)
    Ted thanks for everything..Good times
  • Bacchus
    Options
    tread, thanks alot for the tongs.
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Biscuit,

Thanks again for the bumper sticker......we did say on the beer fridge right! B)

And yes, i've got a thing for gwen steffani :evil:

ctredwell
    go dawgs

fridge.jpg
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    Great placement Chris......Let's see blonde hair plus big rack yea I've got a thing for Gwen Steffani too :woohoo:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Thanks Ted,I had a greaqt time ;) When we got home,Carson was asleep in the back of the Jeep :pinch: We both had alot of fun.Thank you Chris for the Green Bay tongs :lol: Thanks Barrett#1 for the pecan wood.Thanks Andy for the bumper sticker.Thanks Ted for hosting,and for the J.H. Pecan Rub.I hope that you enjoy that small egg,I'll get it next weekend ;) It was fun to meet everyone.Big'un,I want to thank you and Jeanie for babysitting :blush: I was just so busy with the eggs and stuff :whistle: You guy's are all awesome :woohoo: Barrett#1,your pie? was delich ;) Hunry nephew,I loved the shrimp(AZRP).That's some good stuff.EggyBear,it was great meeting you.Smokey,it was great seeing you again.Those sausages were pretty damn good also.I know that I didn't mention everyone,but,we had alot of fun :woohoo: Here are a couple more pics ;)

Here's Carson,checking on the eggs ;)

006.jpg

Here's my ABT's&Fatty

008.jpg

The kids are having fun

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

013.jpg

016-1.jpg

And the Green Bay tongs :lol: Thanks Chris :lol:

017-1.jpg
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    I don't know, but y'all look like a bunch of "skinny wannabes" to me. Young pups with some growin' yet to do. LOL

Looks like you had a good time, thanks for the pics.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    We had a great time! It was fantastic to put everyone's names together with faces. The food was fantastic and Ted did a great job hosting. It's unbelievable how many wonderful people the egg seems to attract. It's not often you can meet so many new folks, and genuinely like them all. It was a great afternoon!
  • Bacchus
    Options
    beer fridge it is! Thanks Biscuit.
    Picture456789.jpg

oh yeah.
    gwen007.jpg

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Allright,I decided to put my BGE sticker on my beer fridge also.Sorry,no Gwen Safani :lol: I am not a GT fan,but this was an awesome game :whistle:

021-1.jpg
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    Georgia tongs....they were supplied by my fellow Dawg, not Packer, Chris.
  • randym4177
    randym4177 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks to everyone! I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to many more monthly get-togethers.

Thank you bacchus for keeping track of everything. Thank you Ted for hosting! And, Chris - I'll take a NOLA Saints tongs when you get a chance ;-)

BTW: Eggybear and I stopped at the Cajun Meat Co on the way back to Cobb Co. and picked up some deboned stuffed chickens. Eggybear went on to plenty of "weekend-bachelor" fun, and I went home to my wife and our visiting 6 year old niece (Princess, to me) and enjoyed a shrimp-rice stuffed chicken from the egg this evening!

Life is good.

Thanks guys!
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Looks like it was a good time.

Sorry, I missed it!!

Greg
  • EggyBear
    EggyBear Posts: 4
    Options
    It was a pleasure to meet you all. I look forward to the next one and hosting one as well! Good day to you all!

On the way back, we hit up the Cajun Meat Company and picked up a sausage stuffing stuffed de-boned chicken, a kielbasa, 4 links of boudin and came home where I had previously set out some brats, 2 chicken breasts and some bacon and scallops for bacon wrapped scallops. We hung out on the back porch, called a few friends over and grilled for the evening. That is what it is all about!