Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My new Small and 'special' table!

PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
edited 12:35PM in EggHead Forum
I picked up my free small BGE (AMX points) the other day and built this table. Thought I would make it 'special'. So take a look.

small1.jpg

Bottom opens:

small2.jpg

Nice drop down side tables.

small3.jpg

But here is what is special! It's portable!!!

small4.jpg

It separates so you can move it to a vehicle!

small5.jpg

Now this is how to tailgate!!

small6.jpg

Works great...but definitely over built!

small7.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Very nice but I would still use the feet (maybe you are when cooking) between the paver and egg.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Best Egg idea I've seen in a long time, Phil. Very cool.
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    Great tailgate table! I want to do something like that with my new small. Very nice indeed.
  • I like it a lot. A few well spent manhours went into that table. Nice yard BTW. Did you make the bird houses as well?
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    EGGcellent job!!..REally like it!! :)
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Bird houses made be my friend on the left.
  • HitchHitch Posts: 402
    Beautiful...nuff said.

I am on the prowl for a small, and this did not help me out 1 bit. Absolutely amazing.

Is there anything you would do different after having some time with the finished product? I would doubt it, but thought I would ask. :cheer:
  • HitchHitch Posts: 402
    Beautiful...nuff said.

I am on the prowl for a small, and this did not help me out 1 bit. Absolutely amazing.

Is there anything you would do different after having some time with the finished product? I would doubt it, but thought I would ask. :cheer:
  • crawdadcrawdad Posts: 115
    Nice idea. I could incorporate that on my large!
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Very very nice.

I just made a portable crate for my small, but yours looks a lot more functional.

Greg
    Actually, yes. I used treated 2x4's and the entire stand could be made out of 1x4's (for a small) to save a LOT of weight.
    That would be extremely heavy.
  • I like your table setup. Good work my friend. I see that you have a little piece of vinyl flooring under that paver... As long as you use the little feet for your egg you will be fine. The feet keeps the bottom of the egg from touching the stone... Thus allowing heat to not transfer to the paver stone. But if you don't use the feet and just sit her on top of the paver, I think eventually, the paver will melt that vinyl. Just my opinion and obervation. BUT other than that.. It looks damn good... Could you build one for my large and ship it to GA? :laugh:
  • ptrptr Posts: 24
    AMEX points? How many? Was it in the Amex catalog?

thanks,

Pat
    72,000 points.