Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Raising the Steaks or Cowlick?

Nate in SCNate in SC Posts: 21
edited 4:19PM in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone. I am going to do a surf and turf tonight with lobster tails and filet. I thought I would give my new Dizzy Pig seasonings a try on the filets. Does anyone have an suggestions for which to use? I've tasted both and am leaning towards Raising the Steaks. Thanks.
·

Comments

• GatorEggGatorEgg Posts: 36
    You can't go wrong with either one of them. Try a little "Shaking the Tree" lemon pepper on that lobster.
    ·
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    I just discovered Raising the Steaks. It was on a boneless ribeye that exploded with flavor. I'm sold on this rub. Fillets, a little more subtle flavor, maybe cowlick would be good. Haven't tried it yet.
    ·
  • ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    I tried both on the nice rib steaks I did a few weeks ago. I really like the Raising the steaks, but neither one was bad ;)
    ·
  • Nate in SCNate in SC Posts: 21
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try Raising the Steaks this time because my filets haven't had enough flavor in the past and I want to give them a little kick.
    ·
  • JD McGeeJD McGee Posts: 250
    I have not tried "Raising the Steaks" yet...but I do use "Cowlick" religiously and love it! :)
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
    ·