Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Raising the Steaks or Cowlick?

Nate in SCNate in SC Posts: 21
edited 4:16PM in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone. I am going to do a surf and turf tonight with lobster tails and filet. I thought I would give my new Dizzy Pig seasonings a try on the filets. Does anyone have an suggestions for which to use? I've tasted both and am leaning towards Raising the Steaks. Thanks.

• GatorEggGatorEgg Posts: 36
    You can't go wrong with either one of them. Try a little "Shaking the Tree" lemon pepper on that lobster.
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    I just discovered Raising the Steaks. It was on a boneless ribeye that exploded with flavor. I'm sold on this rub. Fillets, a little more subtle flavor, maybe cowlick would be good. Haven't tried it yet.
  • ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    I tried both on the nice rib steaks I did a few weeks ago. I really like the Raising the steaks, but neither one was bad ;)
  • Nate in SCNate in SC Posts: 21
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try Raising the Steaks this time because my filets haven't had enough flavor in the past and I want to give them a little kick.
  • JD McGeeJD McGee Posts: 250
    I have not tried "Raising the Steaks" yet...but I do use "Cowlick" religiously and love it! :)
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year"