Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Today's Brisket - Thoughts

BoneDaddy'sBoneDaddy's Posts: 256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to put on a brisket late tonight for a 3 pm BBQ tomorrow. I was thinking of a mustard rub with a DP Dizzy Dust sprinkle. For a mop I was planning on a beer and vinegar concoction (sp?). If I run around 225 for 16 hrs (8#'er). Will I be done in 16 hrs?

Thoughts?
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering

Comments

• HitchHitch Posts: 402
    Should be no problem, but give yourself time to let it sit for a couple of hours. I like my brisket to sit for 2 and my butts to sit for 4. This was if your timing is a bit off, you have the wiggle room.

Good egging! Have a great weekend!
  • You should be ok but cook to temperature of 195 to 200 deg. temperature and not rely on time. I don't bother with mopping, just rub it with what seems good, put it in the egg and don't look until the thermometer says it's done. I usually wind up cooking at 240, seems what the egg prefers.