Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to buy wings

BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 111
edited 4:47PM in EggHead Forum
Simple enough question, but I have not been able to locate somewhere that sells a fair amount of wings. I have seen little packages (dozen) at the grocery store, but I was looking for a large package (3 dozen). COSTCO doesn't have them as far as I could see. Where does everyone get their wings?
·

Comments

• East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    I usually buy mine at Kroger as they seem to be cheaper than Publix.

They usually come in baker's dozen packs.

Greg
    ·
  • HitchHitch Posts: 402
    Sams if you have one nearby. My guess is that there are about 50 wings in the bag.

Otherwise, not sure. :)
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Look in the freezer section usually will find 3-5 lb IQF wings in bags.
    Where you are at in the world may add good answers. Here in Indy Meijer is a good place and they will even offer BYGO free sales and I stock up.
    E
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Costco has fresh wings in the refrigerator section. -RP
    ·
  • BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 111
    I must be blind. I'm in Denver, and haven't seen large quantities. I'll try COSTCO again. I don't have a membership to SAM's, but that sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks for the replies.
    ·
  • PooterPooter Posts: 28
    Never tried frozen before, are they as good as fresh?
    ·
  • HungryNephewHungryNephew Posts: 267
    My Costco has them. You have to look closely, they look just like packages for breasts at first glance.
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    BJ's has pkgs of 2 doz. and I believe WalMart superstore also has the 2 doz pkg.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Cosco, Sam's, Restaurant Depot, Target & Wal Mart Super stores...just a few ideas...they are usually in bags of 50 wings...some are mixed some are just drummettes...
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    here to [S.E. Penna.]
    ·
  • BucketheadBuckethead Posts: 285
    As mentioned Costco does iventory, in the freezer chicken section, 5 or 10 lb pkg, and in the fresh poultry section again about 5 lb whole wings. (With flipper still attached.) The biggest difference you will notice cooking fresh wings vs frozen will be the color of the bone after cook. (Bones on frozen product will turn darker in color.)
    Doug
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    Just got back from BJ's, picked up their new 3 dozen size pack. Comes like the Costco packaging. Pull apart 6 packs that fit in the freezer easier. Probably won't try them out for a week or so.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I get mine at Costco, 10 lbs bags.

wings1.jpg
    ·