Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy tel-tru

Options
Central Pork
Central Pork Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi forum members, I need to buy a tel-tru lt225r for my eggs. Can someone here tell me where to order one from? I have called and emailed several "distributors" as listed on the tel-tru website and got no answers.
Thanks in advance,
CP

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    their site is underconstruction and their on line ordering seems to have dissappeared .
    call tel tru direct at 1 800 232 5335 and place your order by phone.
    good luck
  • Central Pork
    Options
    Bill, thanks for your reply. I did just what you said and they told me to call one of their distributors. They did not appear anxious at all to take my order over the phone. I emailed the distributor they recommended in new york and after 4 days they still havent responded back to me.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Wow, too wierd. I just ordered some a couple of weeks ago. They say change is good, lol!
    The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    ive tried calling them before as well, they told me to order on line, online would only allow me to order one gage plus shipping at a time so they never did get my order. there gages are good, there customer service seems lacking
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    That is also wierd. I just ordered 3 thermometers from them a few weeks ago, and it was all one order with only one shipping charge. I've ordered multiples from them before that. But it looks like online ordering is a thing of the past.
    The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    this was probally 2 years back and i tried multiple times. im thinking there was a problem on my end with cookies not set right or something, but still they wouldnt take the order on the phone. been keeping my one thermometer in the truck and bringing back and forth with me every weekend to camp. would be nice if someone set up properly could buy the ones we need and sell them on this site, and get them made in a more appropriate length. 2.5 is too small, 5 is too long, something like 3.5 inches would probably be perfect and im sure lots would jump on it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Central Pork
    Options
    I know I for one would jump in with a group buy. It seems as they dont care to bother with a small order(i was needing only 2 of them). Anyway, guess i'll look for other alternatives.
    cp
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i e-mailed tel tru told them about their sales problem and asked what they intended to do about it i will post their reply, should i get one.
    bill
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    I just ordered one last week by phone. I spoke to a lovely lady by the name of Sue and I had no problem. The phone number I called was 585-232-1440. I think you should call again.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    Just want to add my 2 cents. I tried to buy TelTru for my showroom and online store for resale/etc....spoke to them by telephone a couple of times .... I tried to get a little help from them as to what to carry and stock ..like what are the "good ones" and the popular models etc. and they were really snotty and basically told me I was a dummy for not knowing which ones were "good" etc. At the age of 56 and after 37 years of retailing, I am just a little too old/or smart/ or stubborn to carry a product where the company gives ME trouble BEFORE I buy ...can't imagine what the service AFTER the sale would be like ... ok..that's my 2 cents on that one.
    FB/SGP
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Now that is ridiculous. Sounds like Thermapen needs to get in the guage market and rake in the earnings.

H
  • WileECoyote
    WileECoyote Posts: 516
    Options
    I have to speak up for TelTru. I ordered my 200-1200 gauge from them a few months back. Price was cheap and shipping cheap too. They shipped it promptly and it was packed well. But it turned out that they sent me the wrong one - I received a 0-220 meat gauge. Emailed them and then called them. They were polite as could be, apologized for the mistake, and sent me the correct gauge right away. Told me to keep the old one for the trouble. A+ for customer service and quality products. Lots of companies have web trouble now and then. Just call them again and ask to order over the phone. They might be getting pressure from their distributors not to sell direct. Or maybe they are just busy.