Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grocery chain removes jalapenos (sad)

Options
Fireball II
Fireball II Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grocery chain Kroger removes jalapenos even no peppers came from McAllen, Texas, distributor. JD

Comments

• Nardi513
    Nardi513 Posts: 66
    Options
    Shoprite in NJ has removed jalapenos as well. Local shops still have them so I'm covered.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i wonder if all the farmers who plowed under their tomatoes will get reimbursed....

>rhetorical question<

frankly, hoping this will be another thing that gets people thinking about buying things grown a little closer to home. not that there are locally grown jalapenos everywhere. but in general, we have too many eggs in one basket. frigging meat recalls from one processing plant affect the entire country.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Fireball II
    Options
    I agree, FDA shoots off allegation with out proof as in the tomatoes scare. JD
  • Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    I bought a 1 1/2 lbs on Monday, which I think was the same day they issued the statement, at our local WalMart. I made ABT's with them, but I suppose being cooked it would kill any bacteria...I hope. :blush:
    (I didn't know about the bacteria until the 10 o'clock news.)

Well anyway neither one of us got sick, and I am going to make another batch tonight for the husband and step son.
  • Fireball II
    Options
    Cooking meat165* kills salmonella. So you should be fine with your ABT'.
  • ChefTone
    ChefTone Posts: 42
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried using a Cubanelle pepper.I have heard they are a nice tasting pepper.I was thinking using these for ABT they are sweet though. Having a hard time finding good size jalapenos.
    CHEERS
    ANTHONY
  • Fireball II
    Options
    Not sure where to buy those sweet peppers. JD