Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

london broil recipe

Options
doublesuited
doublesuited Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got a nice london broil cut. does anyone have a good marinade recipe?

thanks

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i usually use itialian dressing but here is one for you:::

Beef, Roast, London Broil, Marinade

Bob Marli,I posted this a couple weeks ago and it got no reaction but we love it and have served it to friends that lways ask for rge recipe. You can still give it the water bath to warm it just have to keep it in a zip bag with this marinade. Since they have very little fat anything you can do to keep it moist seems to help. I usually try to put them in this overnight.

1 cup oil (type your choice)
    1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/8 cup Worchestershire

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Rusty Rooster, 11/08/06

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    Marinate it in Dale's steak sauce fro a few hours.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Lawry's Teriyaki With Pineapple Juice is one of my fav's.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Here is a good one that really has a great taste.
    I haven't tried this on my BGE yet...But I would think the temp. & time would be about the same.

LONDON BROIL
    Dad’s Kitchen
    (Mr. Potatohead)

For the Marinade:
    5 large garlic cloves
    1 t. salt
    1/4 C. dry red wine
    1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
    1 T. soy sauce
    1 t. honey

1)) Mince the garlic to a paste with salt and in a blender blend with the salt, red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
    2)) In a heavy-duty sealable plastic bag, combine 1-1/2 lbs. top-round London broil with the marinade. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and put in a shallow baking dish. Marinate steak, chilled, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 24.
    3)) Bring steak to room temperature before grilling. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off, and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals (high heat), 7 to 9 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
    Holding a knife at a 45-degree angle, cut steak across grain into thin slices and serve.
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    Here's one that I usually get good reviews with....

1 cup red wine
    1 cup Teriyaki
    1/4 cup wooster
    1 minced jalepeno, seeds removed
    4 cloves of garlic, minced
    1/4 cup dark sesame oil

Place all of the ingredients(except oil) in a bowl, then using a hand mixer, drizzle in the oil to emulsify. Marinate overnight. One hour before your cook, remove the meat, strain the marinade and simmer the marinade on the stove until reduced to one cup.

It make a great dipping sauce!
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    OOPPSS!
    I really no longer own a blender that works...And I don't really miss it much!
    And, with that said:
    Step 1)) Should read:
    1)) Mince the garlic to a paste with the salt (this can be donr with a lagre knife, chopping anf pressing), then blend with that “salt”, the red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
    This can be done with a fork, a wisk.....Your finger! But you don't need a blender!