Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ping ....LuckyLady rib proceedure

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 9:37AM in EggHead Forum
Work you thumb and forefinger under the membrane in the middle of the rack.

IMG_0729Small.jpg

Do the same with the other hand then touching your thumbs to your forefingers and pull outward.

IMG_0731Small.jpg

Continue pulling until membrane is removed. -RP

IMG_0732Small.jpg
·

Comments

• StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Yes - that's what I did yesterday. Worked like a charm. Thanks.
    ·
  • LuckyLadyLuckyLady Posts: 3
    Thanks very much. Looks like a better technique!!
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    Are those baby backs? I tried that on spares a few days ago, didn't work so well. I went back to starting from the end, using butter knife and paper towel.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Yup they are BBs, I haven't tried it on spares, I wouldn't think it would work very well. -RP
    ·
  • ChefToneChefTone Posts: 42
    excellent pictures showing how it is done.
    Thanks
    Anthony
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,720
    Is that easier than going from one end. Does the membrane ever split soming off?
    ·
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    I used this method the last time I had ribs with great success.

Thanks, AZRP!!

Greg
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Doesn't split because you have it all contained in your fingers, unlike pulling with a paper towel. -RP
    ·