Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: What a difference a year makes. This time

BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
edited 5:52PM in EggHead Forum
last year my yard was dead and we were on water restrictions. Thank the Good Lord for the rain in the Southeast.

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    My dirt..uh..yard is trying to win a losing battle. Send some east!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    I am grateful, but you should have posted this yesterday. North Carolina is getting too much rain at the moment....
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    ditto that Bama..we were in the same shape here this time last year...much better this year! B)
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    I'll pray for you. It seems to work if you try it.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    No difference here in NE Georgia buddy, unless maybe it is a little drier.

My lawn is drier and more crunchy that the inside of my eggs.

We did get a little drizzle tonight, but we are way short for the year - again.
  • BigGreenDawgBigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Same here in middle Tennessee, and I do think the prayer helps. I am praying that we don't get another August like last year (state records were broken everywhere) when it was 100* or more for 22 straight days and 95* another 2 weeks with zero rain. :S
    I'll put you on the Prayer list!
    It has been raining here for 5 hours. Unheard of for this time of year. It's Al Gore's fault. :laugh:
  • ChefToneChefTone Posts: 42
    Nothing but rain in good old North Bay,Canada.This is the year we decided to interlock and landscape our back yard.Boy what a mess, things are at a stand still,had to move the egg onto the front entrance.
    Hopefully it will dry up soon.

If you lived in middle Alabama it would be a good problem to have.
  • Chuck_KChuck_K Posts: 47
    Here in my part of Georgia it is dryer than a popcorn-f*rt! We are on a private water system and if you are caught using ANY water outside your water is cut off and they will not connect you again. Now that is water restriction.
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Over in Charlotte, we've been getting long, heavy downpours lately, but they say we're still in a drought. I'm beginning to think they just want to go up on the water bill again, and they're trying to keep us in the dark. My grass is actually thick and green this year. I can actually walk on it, and it doesn't make that crunchy sound like it did last year.