Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a Small Egg

Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is official...I am on the prowl. My large is in desparate need of a companion.

I am afraid to ask as I am sure the answer is NO!!, but is there anyone in the Southern states that is looking to get rid of a used Egg? We rescued our Golden Lab, and I can't think of anything more sad than a neglected Egg. I would pay real good $$ for it.

Again, I think the above request is fruitless, so what should I expect to be paying for a New Small? Is there any silver bullet out there? Are eggcessories harder to come by?

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    The mothership has "Demo" units from time to time, not just after Eggtoberfest. I almost bought one there recently, but ended up getting a new one because I didnt want to deal with putting on a new gasket.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    I just got one in May and you can get about anything for it.

Platesetter
    CI (Cast Iron Grid)
    Dutch Oven (from Wal-Mart fits)
    Third Eye has even made a grid lifter for it.

Greg
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Yes I have one what will you give for it ,has nest also
  • aaind
    Yes I have one what will you give for it ,has nest also
  • mijoey
    mijoey Posts: 58
    If hitch isn't interested, I would be if the price is right. Where are you located?
    Mike
    Melbourne Fl.
  • Hitch
    Actually, I am interested (thus the post), and have sent a personal email with no response to this point.
    Not interested in a bidding war.
  • aaind
    I dint get pm ,but yes i will sell with nest for 375 no plate setter
    you pay freight ,If you live anywhere between Sioux Falls sd and Dalls tx ,may be able to help you out
  • Hitch
    Would be interested, but price is not right. New is $400 with platesetter here at dealer in Augusta. Looking for a good deal. Mijoey might still be interested at that level.

Thanks
  • mijoey
    Hitch, go for it. I had no intention of under cutting you. Just wanted to cover my bases in case you wern't interested for any number of reasons, such as maybe distance to location. My plan is to purchase a demo at the next Fla eggfest im March, but if I were to come across one between now and then I would probably buy it.
    Happy egging.
    Mike
    Melbourne, Fl.
  • aaind
    Ok ,I was just dreaming about how I might build this new egg tale and or outdoor kitchen ,and selling one would look really good to my wife before i go and spend
    lots more than that
    But I really do like my small they are good unit
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I think $400 with P.S. is a pretty good deal, assuming the nest is included also. I think I paid $450 including PS, nest, cover, & sales tax, along with obligitory bag of lump, ash tool, grid lifter, etc.
  • Hitch
    No worries here my man...
    go for it!!

Safe freight makes this a no brainer, and the $$ was out of line IMO.

As expected, there is not really a disenchanted Egg holder we are dealing with. On the contrary, it looks like we were working with a savvy wheeler and dealer that was only looking to increase his egg exposure. My kinda guy!

Best Regards to you both!
  • mijoey
    Hitch, I'm with you. Way too much for a used plus shipping. They were selling demos with the nest last year at the Fl. eggfest for $320. I guess I'll wait until March.
    Mike
    Melbourne, Fl.
  • aaind
    Ya but I am sure if you lived next door to me we would have a BLAST ,But also up here in the corn feilds we say It takes one to know one !
  • Hitch
    U know it... :lol:

Good luck with the misses