Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tropical storm butterflies

Options
DavidR
DavidR Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
puton.jpg
<p />Thought I'd throw a couple of chickens on in between the rain bands. Just using pepper and olive oil at 350*. The pic below is after I turned them 30 minutes later.[p]I've been waitin 6 years for the NFL to return to Houston, and a damn hurricane is forming in the Gulf. (sigh)[p]
aft30min.jpg

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    DavidR,
    What a way to start the weekend. Rain and plenty of it. I'm not going to the game so let it come. Looks to me like you sacrificed a couple of biddies to the Gods so that the Texans can win, or at least have a fighting chance. I'm reasonably sure the Gods commanded you to consume the objects of the sacrifice once the game is underway. [p]Hope your team wins.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    DavidR,[p]I'm not letting the rain bands stop me. Cooked a pizza tonight and I'm brining a turkey over night to cook in the morning. Let the rains come, the Egg will keep smoking.
  • WudEyeDoo
    Options
    DavidR,
    Surely we won't let some hurricane with a name like Fay stop our Texan's debut will we? We really wanted to go to that game but that's a tough ticket to get! Are you going?

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,[p]No, I'm not, but I surely wish I was. It's Saturday morning, and the storm looks like it's blowing through. I'm a life-long Cowboy hater, and I don't care if the Texans go 1 - 15, just so long as that one win comes tomorrow night.

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    DavidR,
    Beating the Cowboys on the Texans first game, at home. It doesn't get any better than that! I must admit, I don't have a high degree of confidence of that happening but I will be cheering for it right along with ya![p]Gonna do some wings on the egg just before gametime.[p]Bob