Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Chuck

bbqbeth
bbqbeth Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy!
I have a boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast.. about 4 lbs.
the label says "great for Bar-B-Q's". anyone done such a beast on the grill?
Thanks for any help..
beth

Comments

• BBQBeth,
    Grind it up and make some great hamburgers that you can cook and eat at medium rare. I think that the sticker is just a marketing ploy
    RhumAndJerk

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey Beth! Where have you been?

I wouldn't suggest grilling that cut but you can cook it slow like a brisket. Once it gets up to about 200 internal, put it in foil. Take some hot beef broth (a cup or two) pour it into the package, seal tight and let it rest for an hour or two in a cooler and you've got a pretty nice piece of smokey beef. The broth helps as that cut can dry out a touch in long cooks. The flavor of chuck is one of my favorites.
    Good luck and let us know what you decide to do in the end.[p]WD[p]

• RhumAndJerk,[p]Gotta agree here, tried grinding 50% chuck / sirloin last week and was fabulous. Alton Brown did a great segment on grinding and used a food processor. 10 pulses of cubed meat and it was in ground state for burgers and/or meat loaf
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    BBQBeth,[p]Here's what I do. marinate in 3/4C soy, 1/4C white Vinegar, 1/4C packed brow sugar, 3 T Worchestershire. 2 T salad oil, 1T ground ginger, 3T minced garlic and 1 can of crushed Pinapple. marinate for a couple of days. I have one that has been in for three. If you have two eggs get one hot and sear on both sides then flip to the second and cook low and slow tin about 140 to 145 internal or where you like it. It is GRRR...ATE!!!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    07_08_0016_03_01_small.jpg
    <p />BBQBeth, I've done these a few time - just like pulled pork - tastes great! :~}[p]

[ul][li]Pulled Beef[/ul]
  • BBQBeth,[p]I am trying chuck "steaks" on a low and slow overnight. I've got the dome temp at 180 and I'll tell you what happens when I take it off tomorrow when the internal temp to 180.[p]CB