Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Grid

Options
Rib Fan
Rib Fan Posts: 305
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,

Just curious, I am from Canada and I went to my local distributor and he said that he charges around $100 for a cast iron grid for BGE Large. When I was done laughing (don't think profit is a dirty word but gouging is) I went an purchased one for a gaser...cut to size....now I have a great grate (cast iron) that cost me a whopping $20. Is it me or is that price a little insulting? Not poor but also not dumb.
Also remember tax would be another 13%

Regards

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    waaaaay too much!!!!

i have had mine for awhile but i think i paid $30

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• low tech redneck
    Options
    I think I paid $50 for mine,then dropped and broke it.My dealer sold me the second one for $35 so now I have 1 2/3 CIG's.I think your dealer is outrageous.I'll bet your custom grid works just as well as the rip off model.Good thinking.
    Jim
  • ChefTone
    ChefTone Posts: 42
    Options
    yes that is expensive...that is how much they want for one in Toronto..I still don't have one
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    I just live outside of Toronto on the East side on the lake. I used my new cast iron grate tonight and yes it works awesome! Seared up some sirloin steaks.
    ChefTone....do what I did....measure up your Egg diameter (not sure what size egg you have)...go out and buy a "replacement" cast iron grate for a gaser. If you have an angle grinder and a zip-cut disc....well have fun. Took me 20 minutes and one beer.

Cheers
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It is much higher than you would have paid at the mothership.

Greg