Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's talk Salmon. Recipes anyone for kippered/smoked salmon?

Options
Thrill
Thrill Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright gang, I just came back from an awesome fishing/camping/rafting adventure in the Alaska bush, and I have about 40 lbs of silver "coho" salmon to play with.[p]We had our fish shipped back to Atlanta by a meat/fish packing company. We had them "kipper" a couple of the fish, and top it with some lemon-pepper seasoning. You eat it cold right out of the fridge. It is absolutely awesome! [p]My question is two-fold. [p]My first question is how to replicate the above process using the Egg. Any ideas on how to kipper salmon on the Egg?[p]My second question is for brine recipes. I believe that to kipper the salmon, you need to first soak it in a brine mixture. Any ideas for salmon brine recipes?[p]Thanks! Any help is most appreciated. Down here in the south, all I know how to do is fry up catfish![p]Thrill

Comments