Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey loaf recipe needed

Options
The Virginian
The Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My daughter is on a restricted diet at the moment. I have a good meatloaf recipe, but I need one that works for ground Turkey (on the egg, of course). Suggestions? Thanks.

Brett

Comments

• emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    I use any meatloaf recipe that I have in the past. Ground Turkey will accept any seasoning technique very well.
    E
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    brett,

for each pound of ground turkey, one egg, one small finely chopped onion, about 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs. ...thow in a little dizzy cowlick if you like. ...indirect on the egg at 350 till 160 internal. ..

a good way to achieve good "loafage" is to buy disposable loaf pans, cut the bottoms out of them, put the mixture in them, then set them on the grid in the egg. ...that way they get great shape, but hold together nicely. .....
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I load mine into the aluminum loaf pans and then use a knife to punch a few holes in the bottom. Cook for about 45 minutes and then remove the pan and finish cooking.

The technique is described by Dr. BBQ, in his first book.

I agree that you can basically substitute the turkey for beef.