Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you do a lo and slo on a small?

Options
Roy Fraser
Roy Fraser Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was going to do some pulled pork for my church group and will use my large but also need to use my small. Can you do a lo and slo on a small? I do not think I have seen this addressed on the forum. Also Mickey T how about a set of rings for the small? Do you make a set for small. Love the ones for my large. Thanks Pigtail

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Pigtail,[p]Yeppers, I make them for all the BGE sizes, even the mini.....weeeeeeeeee.[p]A friend of mine did a butt on his small this weekend and had to add lump somewhere along the cook. He got the butt done though.[p]If you keep that temp at 250 or lower I think you can do it. He let his race up past 300 for some time which is not good for fuel efficiencies.[p]Fill the firebox up till it hits the grill, light it and have fun.[p]Mick
  • WudEyeDoo
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    What do you use to cook it indirect?

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,[p]There is a post below "Labor Day butt" that shows the setup I used. Firebricks below a drip pan with V-rack.[p]I'm sure more folks may chime in on this one. There are several ways to deflect heat which is primarily what you want.[p]PP enchiladas to ya![p]Mick