Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wecome I'm a New Egg Head

Options
Come Grill With Me
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Welcome I'm a new Egg Head. Everything I've done so far on my Extra Large Grill has been scrumpcious. Can't wait to do an whole turkey, pizza and bread. Just great how it holds temp. I'm big on cooking by time and temp. So this grill will work great with me. Just give me some time to adjust from natural gas grill and I'll be ready. MM MM Good. Steve.

Comments

• EGGLANDS BEST
    Options
    Welcome the the cult
    post lots of pics if you can
    ask any questions you may have
    the BGE is a wise investment enjoy it and have fun
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Welcom aboard...
    If you haven't checked out this link I highly recommend it www.nakedwhiz.com

Happy Egging, Pharmeggist
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome! The only hard transition I had was burgers. Simple to make but for some reason I had a tough time with them. Now they are incredible!
  • Come Grill With Me
    Options
    Place pile of coal across the grate 2 or 3 inches. Start center of coals. Remove electric starter and close lid. Keep lower and top gate wide open. As soon as grill reaches 450/475 open lid. Place those hamburgers (ground chuck) being carefull to watch were the flame is. Hear them sizzle. Place burgers just to the sides of tall flames. Close lid and bottom door part way. Watch temp and make sure it does go much above 400. Soon as it reaches 400 turn burgers over and lower heat to 350. As soon as it reaches 350 they should be close to done. Enjoy.
    I find cooking by sound helps a lot with this grill. Nice thing about this type of grill is temp control and you don't have to depend on wind speed or direction. Really brings this grill to the forefront. Steve.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    with those directions and everything i have heard watch out for flashback ;)

here is a link

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/flash.htm

watch the movie and remember he is using a large and you have a xl.....

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb