Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day butt

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100-0009_IMG.JPG
<p />First cook from the new house for my medium.[p]10.8 lbs. butt. Rocked at 250 for 20 hours kicked it up to 300 for 1 hour or so. Still had 3/8 firebox of lump left. Is the BGE efficient or what? Rings never missed a beat. [p]Pulled pork tacos for dinner with a cold beer or two?????[p]Pure heaven.[p]Mick[p]

Comments

• MickeyT.,
    Rings worked like a champ. Actually ALMOST made it boring, but not really. Just ended up drinking a few more beers! I hope you got something from me in the mail.
    Seth

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Mickey,
    Is that a spring assist hinge? It looks like it is - how did you provide clearance for the hinge behind your egg? Your egg is setting in the table with its lip flush to the table top, but I don't see how the hinge drops below the table top behind the egg. My egg is in my table the same way, and I would like to be able to keep it that way when I install the spring assist hinge. Nice looking butt, BTW.

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    Looks to me like you're becoming one of them "Eggsperts" we hear so much about. Congrats on a good cook. [p]I haven't seen any of your famous rings yet but I would bet those are some off to the right of your Egg photo. Simple design = maximum efficiency (at least in Eggdom).[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA