Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have heard talk of a "plate setter"?? Is this the ceramic round piece with legs that is supposed to help cook indirect? If so, I am interested in looking at one but cannot seem to find it on this site. Where can I see one and how much do they cost?

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Headhunter,
    You got it! Tim has some pics of it at his site. Go to the misc. pictures section. I'm not sure of the price on them though, we bought ours at the same time we bought the egg. I want to say it was around $30, but I could be wrong on that.[p]~nikki

[ul][li]Tim's Site[/ul]
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Headhunter, Flashing on top of the page will show you this.
    Good luck

[ul][li]What's New[/ul]
  • Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Headhunter,
    The MSRP on a plate setter should be $31.45. You should be able to get it at your dealer or they should be able to order it for you. You can use it in place of the grill extender and pizza stone for pizzas and bread or invert it under your grill with a drip pan between the plate setter and grill for indirect cooking. The people I know who use it, love it. Good luck,[p]Julie