Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken breasts brined and ready--now, direct or indirect?

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put three chicken breasts in a brine last night about 9 p.m.--I
used the Basic Meat Brine from the BGE Forum Cookbook. I'm gonna pull them out this afternoon when I get home, but I can't decide whether to do them direct or indirect. I've found a lot of stuff in the archives about doing whole chickens, but not so much about chicken breasts. What's y'all's favorite way to do boneless, skinless chicken breasts? Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    TRex,
    Hot-n-fast. Maybe 2-3 minutes a side. Let us know how they turn out since 15 hours in a brine seems a bit too much for our tastes relative to the salt.

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    TRex,
    Our favorite way is Smashed Chicken. Take boneless, skinless breast, and smash them down really flat (good way to take out frustrations!). Take some Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, grate a good size hunk of romano cheese into it. Marinate chicken overnight. Cook at 600, raised grid for 3 minutes per side.

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    TRex,
    I would dry them off, rub with olive oil, cook direct
    at 375-400 flipping every 5 minutes. Total time is usually
    30 minutes. They come out great.
    Chuck