Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza anyone

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,500
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

For some reason we couldn't decide what to have tonight and finally EggHatter said "How about pizza?" Like I'm going to say no to that! :laugh: The only problem was we didn't have any idea if we had any of the ingredients. First she said she should be able to make the dough. She used her bread machine for that (worked just fine). Next what did we have for toppings. We looked and found some hamburger. We also had some pulled pork from what I did last week, plus a fatty that was done on Friday and some bacon bits (yes, a meat pizza). She added black olives and mushrooms to her half. Oh yeah, need sauce too. She rummaged through the cabinets and created some delish sauce from tomato paste and other stuff (I didn't ask). Cheese??? We had part of a package of a Italian 6-cheese blend and a partial block of Asiago.

Here it is ready to go on the Egg!
P7170062.jpg

and on the Egg (temp at about 400 to 425)
P7170064.jpg

Finished product :)
P7170066.jpg

and a close-up
P7170070.jpg

Not bad for a spur-of-the-moment effort!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments