Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Guess what I'm egging when I get home

EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
edited 9:29PM in EggHead Forum
from the beach?
IMG_0048.jpg
That's me, my sons Chris and Nick and my brother Steve.

Chris caught the 2nd biggest red snapper on Tuesday
IMG_0047.jpg

Comments

• cigarstockcigarstock Posts: 61
    Teddy,
    I caught me a damn good program last night listening to Mark Richt in Valdosta at the Bulldog meeting. A great time was heald....you should have been there. Hope to meet you Eggers real soon.
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Lookin good Ted,glad you're having fun :woohoo: That snapper is awfull,you should get rid of it.Tell ya what,I'll get rid of it for ya :whistle: ;)
  • BigGreenDawgBigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Ok, I already spend tooooooo much time on this forum according to my wife, if you guys start talking UGA I won't ever leave :P Which is just fine. Oh and nice snapper!!!
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    snappa!

good stuff.
    i went direct, stuffed with some lemon and salt/pepper.

marinated it in a great simple vinagrette. the mango was great too. here's the recipe (make sure you marinate the mango to, or it gets crappy brown).

[ul][li]Grilled Snapper[/li]http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/GRILLED-RED-SNAPPER-AND-MANGO-WITH-CILANTRO-LIME-VINAIGRETTE-108288[/ul]

snapper_post.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    We have a tough schedule this year boys......
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    on the 29th. Looking forward to the season...a brutal schedule awaits!
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    Join the crowd :)
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Nice smappers. We're to shallow to catch snapper without going out far.
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    too small to keep. They are really watching the sizes on the fish people are keeping when on the charter boats. The trip we went on was only a 5-hr deal that left at 7 and got back at Noon. After we left Capt. Anderson's marina we were fishing in 1 1/2 hours. Fished for 2 1/2 hours and came back. The kids had enough and had a great time.
    The other neat thing we saw was a few sharks and lots of dolphins swimming around us while we fished.
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I'm doing that next Tuesday. It's an easy way to get out for a few hours.