Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast Internal Temp?

Options
Gloria
Gloria Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The temperature gauges vary anywhere from 170 - 190 internal temp for turkey breast. I want this bugger well done, so can I get some opinions on this? We are just now putting it on and our records show that the last one we cooked, 6 lb, we cooked for two hours. I am of the touch-and-press school to determine doneness but we are trying to be more scientific and go by the internal temp. This one is 7.30 lbs. Thanks.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gloria,
    165 is perfect for us. I would not suggest going over 170 unless it is brined. At 175 you will definitely find a dryer result.[p]Have fun! And a great weekend to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Gloria,[p]I'm with NB. 163-165 is all you need. 170 is a good temp for the dark meat.[p]--sdb
  • Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    Gloria,
    Thanks for all your help people on the turkey breast. I was gone with my daughter to buy her a new car and when we returned, there was enough left to make us a sandwich! Everybody said it was the best they had ever eaten. When my husband took it off, it was at 165 (Polder) and the opinion was that it needed a bit more cooking, so he took it to 185. I would not have thought that it would be moist at that temp but it definitely was and what I got was delicious.