Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

boneless rolled rib roast

dls2122dls2122 Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up a really nice 4 pound rolled rib roast I can't wait to get into my egg. I'm not looking for a heavy smoke flavor, this meat should speak for itself. I'm looking for some great advice - what is the best way to cook this? Is low and slow better than blazing heat? If blazing should I go indirect (yes I have a plate setter)? I'll use a therm to determine when done, but do you have an estimate how long so I'm not popping a bunch of holes in the meat and opening the egg? Yes, I'm new to this and having a blast with my new egg (just before the 4th of July). I particularly love steaks at 650 - I'm amazed. Best steaks I've ever had.

I have read some great advice and recipes on this forum over the past week and am excited to see what you come up for this. And it's very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Comments