Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Enchaladas

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Seeing how I, as usual, have too much pulled pork, does anyone have the above recipe handy??
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Wardster,[p]Here is one that I use. Hope it works for you.[p]Chuck <><
    [ul][li]Pulled Pork Enchaladas[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Wardster,
    We just did PP enchaladas last week. We don't care for the red sauce, so I just converted my recipe for pulled pork. I dont have exact measurements on the jalapenos, it all depends on how how they are. Some jars are hotter than the others, and it depends on how hot you like them. This method will definately be a requirement when we do pulled pork now.[p]Saute a medium onion with some chopped jalapenos. Add pork (enough for 5 large tortilla shells)and about 1/2 cup beef broth just to bind it together. Use large flour tortillas, put pork mixture and some cheese and in center then roll up-put into 9x13 pan. For sauce, simmer together 1 regular can of cream of chicken soup, 1 16-ounce sour cream, some chopped jalapenos, and some of the jalapeno juice. Pour over enchaladas, sprinkle with more cheese, and bake at 350 until cheese on top is melted. [p]Enjoy![p]~nikki

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    nikkig,[p]That's a really good variation. I gotta try that! It sounds like it's way WAY too hot for my wife, but not for me. ;)

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    DavidR,
    I'm a weenie when it comes to hot stuff too, hubby doesn't care how hot they are. Some jars of jalapenos, I can use the whole jar, others...it's only a quarter of the jar. It just depends on that batch of peppers. It would be nice if there were some kind of rating, so recipes could be more accurate. Best part of that recipe is the sauce![p]~nikki