Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Waaayyy Too Spicy

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,699
edited 1:50AM in EggHead Forum
I picked up some pork steaks today at a discounted price and thought they would be the basis of a nice dinner, along with some cut green beens and baked sweet potatoes.

Well, I was wrong. I used some "Slap Yo' Mama" that had come in a gift bag some time ago. Nice flavor but it really starts to burn the lips and beyond after the first bite. Gets hotter after that.

We ate about half each before giving in. I think I'll wash the seasoning off before I try to finish it. Even that might not work.

So here at the Chicken Ranch, "Slap Yo Mama" rub is no longer in the inventory.

Spring "Take A Bite Of That Pork Chop And The Kiss Me With Those Big 'ol Hot Lips" Chicken
Spring Texas USA
·

Comments

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Maybe you can help cover the heat by adding some type of sweet sauce.

I'm hoping tomorrow's routine doesn't continue the burn!

blowitoutyourass.jpg
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,338
    you must be from north louisiana, cause isn't that seasoning from south louisiana, cajun country....LOL. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,699
    Yep! North Louisiana. It's like two different countries over there. Those in South Louisiana like their food just like they like their life... HOT & SPICY.

Those in North Louisiana just sort'a get by with some basic seasoning and are happy to kick back and watch trees grow.

That's why I'm so slow.

Spring "Happiness Is Being FROM North Louisiana" Chicken
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,699
    Haaaaa! Why does "Blazing Saddles" come to mind?

Spring "Blow It Out My WHAAAATTTT???" Chicken
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Leroy,

I have never tried the rub but the hot sauce is amazing. I thought that expatriot Louisianans cum Texans couls handle some heat.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ewillieewillie Posts: 155
    Warms you twice!
    ·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Can't wait to read the 2am forum check :whistle:
    ·
  • Slap 'yo 'momma is good stuff. But, it is very salty and very spicy. You can't use it like a normal rub. You have to use it in small increments. If you "lightly" sprinkle some on it, it goes a long way. I throw some in my eggs in the morning and it wakes me up. But like life, everything in excess is bad. Next time try a lot less and you will be happy with the product.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,403
    Can't wait to read the 2am forum check

now that is funny

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·