Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seasoning vs. Non-seasoning

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I have sort of** tried one of many JJ's methods of ribs...that is use no seasonings on the ribs(no rub)...but I did mopp them and use BBQ sauce when they came off.(**JJ would use absolutley nothing throughout)
After last night I have come to da' conclusion that I definatley prefer to marinate my ribs. DOnt get me wrong i still enjoyed them with just the taste of hickory and juices flowing through my taste budz, but I missed the spice of cyanne and the invitation of drinking more beer from the salt. For me the only meat that I can ever go on for life without marinating in sausage...but NEVER ribs or chicken., even though my anus was extremely thankful this morning.
Now my enquiring mind would like to know ya'lls opinions on seasoning vs. non-seasonings....
ST(and a cleaner litter box i shall be((today))

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, What ? No seasoning ? Are you mad ????? The only meats (in my opinion ) that don't need seasoning are the true game meats like moose or caribou and like that . I feel seasonings are what make any good bbq a GREAT bbq .And in most cases a good long marinade . Now that I am an 'eggman' I have major plans to smoke out my neighbours , with pretty much 99.9% seasoned meats and fish. That.....is my opinion.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Dave,
    that's correct...i used no seasoning other then the mopp and sauce when they came off. I just wanted to try them with just the smokey flavor. And I pledged that from here on in that i will never ever go without marinating my ribs.
    ST

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    We love marinated meats, full of seasonings.
    The seasonings should never overwhelm the meat flavor, but compliment it.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ