Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Lowly Chicken

Options
ravnhaus
ravnhaus Posts: 311
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chickegg.jpg
<p />When I was growing up in South Texas my dad would decide to "have a BBQ" and he would always cook chicken. I don't recall brisket or ribs ever being in the barrel. For years that is what I associated the word "barbecue" with. After I moved to Central Texas I left chicken behind and concentrated on brisket and pork ribs.
However now and then I feel the desire for chicken. After I got the Egg I found it did a fantastic job on cooking the bird and I find myself choosing chicken more and more.
Last weekend the egg was smoking and my camera was snapping...

[ul][li]Smoking the bird[/ul]

Comments

• BarbieQ
    BarbieQ Posts: 41
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Looks like a plumeria in the backround! I had several of those when I lived in Texas and unfortunately they all croaked when I moved to Arkansas. Intoxicating fragrance! Bet that chicken was pretty intoxicating too--looks great!
    Barb

• The Other Dave
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]Nice looking specimen. Is it a Mango? (The tree in the background)[p]Oh, the chicken looks fine also!

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    Thanks!
    It is a plumeria (one of three). The others are blooming right now.
    I will try to get a bloomer in the next food post.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    BarbieQ,
    I lived in Hawaii when I was 10 and we had several mature plumeria trees in our front yard. We used to make leis for school events. A few years ago we visited the local butterfly house and they had a plumeria tree. For the first time in my life I was transported through space and time by a smell! I'd forgotten how wonderful they were, but I immediately remembered their smell. It was almost religious....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz