Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

House of Faulkner Lemon Pepper Hot Wings

run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many thanks to whoever the user is who posted the recipe for these amazing wings. Followed the link to houseoffaulkner.com and pulled up the recipe for the Lemon Pepper Hot Wings. Wow. Am I glad I did.

Slight change from the recipe – I put the wings in a cooler filled with a mild salt water brine and ice overnight.

796f914f.jpg

Apple Cider vinegar, salt and fresh black pepper per the recipe, on a turkey cooker burner waiting to boil

f0c2c4d2.jpg

As Alton Brown would say, “Boilage!”

ef96b180.jpg

Here’s the wings boiling – what a great aroma! I noticed, too, that this seemed to remove a lot of the fat.

df2d338e.jpg

Another view of the wings boiling..

c19c10c3.jpg

Chosen tools – lemon pepper, course ground Malabar pepper, kosher salt and hot sauce

c5eeeab0.jpg

Apply the hot sauce

cf6b5051.jpg

Add the lemon pepper, pepper and salt

eef138ab.jpg

Dome at 275

a2b57e81.jpg

Loaded up and cooking -

7b71c790.jpg

A little smoke action makes ‘em better….

c41d70e1.jpg

Halfway through the cook – spraying with apple juice/cider every 30 minutes

5590c161.jpg

Done and ready for consumption

7ea5153c.jpg

Crispy and tasty. Just the right amount of heat, salty and nice hint of citrus from the lemon pepper.

d397ffbd.jpg

Bittersweet – served some of the smoked pork shoulder from yesterday alongside these wings – the pork was great, but the hit was these wings! Everyone said that they were ‘better than the pork!’

If you haven’t tried this recipe, you really should. A little bit of work, but well worth it.

http://houseoffaulkner.com/wings.html

Comments