Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Temp

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long per pound do you guys suggest I cook a Boston Butt? I picked up a 2 pack at BJ's, one a 5 pounder and another a 4 pounder. Gonna eat BBQ during the Alabama game on Saturday.[p]Thanks Egg guys

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    T.M. Hess,
    If going indirect method, at dome temperature of 250, allot for 2 hrs/lb. Not saying to cook it that long, just saying to allow for that as your top end.... Monitor the internal temp of the roasts and take off and wrap in foil once they each hit 200 degrees (this is assuming you want to be able to 'pull' or shred the meat and serve that way). If still a while to game time when they hit that internal temp, place the foil-wrapped roasts into an empty cooler or insulated cooler bag until game time approaches.....then just unwrap, shred the meat, a little sauce, a little seasoning and you are good to go for pulled pork sandwiches. 2 hrs/lb at those temps will have them done in advance of your game (as my buddy Reg says, 'Better to be lookin' at 'er than lookin' for 'er!")
    Qfan

• Roy Fraser
    Options
    T.M. Hess,
    I am coming to Alabama this weekend however I will be rooting for MTSU. Looking foward to a good game. My prediction MTSU by 6. (wishfull thinking) Have a great weekend and eat a little for me. Pigtail

• BBQfan1,[p]Thanks. I have a 6 pound butt cooking right now. I will be eating a pulled pork sandwich when the game starts tomorrow afternoon. I hope. Right after AMC's showing of "The Last Waltz" I am going to hit the sack. [p]Good Night