Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome Grilled Salmon

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I came across a recipe for grilled salmon as I was digging through an old Gourmet magazine. Its dirt simple but man the results were great.[p]In a small sauce pot mix:[p]1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine (I used Chardonnay)
2 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
2 TBSP Packed Brown Sugar[p]Start this on a slow simmer/boil and reduce it by 1/2. It wont get real thick but it will thicken somewhat.[p]Meanwhile, I foiled the underside of my alder plank, oiled the top of it, and laid the salmon fillet skin side down on the plank. I used a generous sprinkling of fresh ground pepper and salt on the top of the fish. I cooked it with the plank directly over the coals at about 350 for approximately 40 minutes, I had about a 1 - 1.25 pound fillet about an inch thick. Anyway, cook it until its done the way you like it, I didn't turn mine at all.[p]Take the salmon off the grill, plate it, and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the fish and thats it. The skin slides right off. Wonderful flavor and with good balsamic vinegar its out of this world and like I said, dirt simple to make. We ate it with some fried rice, cheesy sourdough garlic bread and the rest of the bottle of Chardonnay and had a wonderful meal.[p]Troy

Comments