Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK another DUMB question!

Options
2»

Comments

• Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    Wow what a responce. I'm sold on this forum oh and I'm going to my local BGE dealer in Phoenix when I return home. I want a LGBGE!
  • Unknown
    Options
    You've done a lot of reading on this thread. The answer should be pretty clear. The price is overwhelming but, in the long run you won't be replacing your grill every 5 years.

Mine is 10 years old I paid $700 for a large, a large table, daisy wheel, platesetter, pizza stone and the ash tool. The daisy wheel and ash tool came with it, the others were extra. They delivered to the house.

You won't be disappointed once you make your decision. Good luck
  • opod
    opod Posts: 41
    Options
    bought the egg a year ago after several bad experiences with gas/charcoal metal smokers. i had to save 6 mths for the purchase. was concerned also about the price. i got a large and am serious when i say that it's probably the second best purchase in my life (1st is my wife's wedding ring). I haven't looked back. Forum is great and has saved me hours/months of experimentation learning from others' successes and failures. every question i have had has been answered just by reading forum history. other ceramics may be fine but the egg is like your spouse--when your find The One, you're not interested in any others.
    kurt kowalski
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    I say ditto to everything that has been said here in this thread; I was saving up for a Cajun Chef charcoal grill after doing alot of research and when I finally got my money ready, my dealer had stopped carrying them but said the best grill going was the BigGreenEgg and that I should consider it. Well I REALLY didn't like the look of these big domed monstrosities but after reading the website and the old forum, I got really excited based on everyone elses eggsperiences. I had never seen such great looking food off of a grill before so I was hooked and made the plunge last year and am really getting into it this year trying things I would have never imagined with a gasser or other traditional charcoal grill (ribs,butt,briscuit).

Look forward to seeing you around here in the future.